Howdy all, can you tell that I wait until my mind is clear and my hamster is not in the wheel with work? I wanted to give you all an update from his appointment on Monday, and I wanted this decoupled from the following blog posts which will show Evan frolicking in the snow here in .... Oh shoot, that is Portland. 65 and sunny? That is South Carolina. I do want the posts introducing Evan to his great grandparents and his Uncle Rob (AKA "Uncle Iron Fraud" for all of you Montana fans out there. I can never let him show his face in Lewiston, ID again...). And the Christmas posts will be on Christmas day to celebrate the birth of our Lord.
Evan weighed 10 pounds, 13 ounces on his official weigh-in on Monday morning before he hit the road for the first time. For the math geeks, financial analysts looking to not stare at Wall Street's downward trends, or engineers, that is averaging about 12 ounces a week for the first 5 weeks. At this rate, he will not need the human growth hormone I was planning on using to get his scholarship offers coming. He did really well in the car, by the way. For it being 25 degrees outside, he didn't have any issues when we had to change him and open doors, etc.
From the pictures above, you can see we went through Tim's baby book at home. I was a dark-haired pudgepot for the first 6 months of my life until it turned bleach blond (and I mean really blond, the cuttings my mom saved would make many LA bimbos envious). And can I say that we were gypped if we were raised more than 25 years ago? The toys they have now are way too cool. I look like I was strung up with telephone cords and duct tape as a "bouncy seat."
We are here in SC safely for the Christmas Holiday, and will be returning to Richmond on Friday.
More to come later tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment